Chroma Haiku Damascus: 10 1/2" Carving Knife - HD09
A carving knife is used to carve poultry, roasts, hams, and other large cooked meats. A carving knife is much thinner than a chef's knife (particularly at the spine) and they are generally shorter and wider than slicers, enabling them to make thin precise slices.
Haiku Damascus knives made of V-Gold N0. 10 Stainless Steel V-Gold No 10 is a high carbon stainless steel with cobalt, manganese, molybdenum and vanadium added for
Durability. Haiku Damascus knives are 33 layers of stainless steel, only center layer acts as the cutting edge.
The layers of the Haiku Damascus knives are repeatedly folded together with different types of stainless steel forge welding until you have 16 thin alternating layers. These layers are forge welded to both sides of the V-Gold No 10 core.
Haiku Damascus knives do not have a bolster they have a full tang and the handles are made from Honoki Wood. The handle takes the shape of your hand after longtime use.
Handle and blade are joined with the “mekugi” bamboo pin inserted from the side.
This is the ancient process used for the Samurai sword.
Haiku Damascus knives are manufactured by Sumikama in Japan. Look for the sign of the Falcon for the Haiku quality. Special tempering is used and is a closely guarded secret.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price than us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The compeitior must be an Authorized Retailer for the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
We Also Recommend